The Mission of the Plymouth Yacht Club is:
- To first and foremost, encourage and support yachting interests of our members and guests as originally noted in our Charter.
- To have a membership appropriate in size for our facilities consisting of yachting enthusiasts of good character and all ages with an affinity to the local areas.
- To provide camaraderie and friendship among our members and guest.
- To provide educational and training programs for boat handling, sailboat racing, and similar marine activities for our youth, junior and active members.
- To provide our membership with high quality and well maintained waterfront & Clubhouse facilities, supported & services by a highly responsive staff.
- To function as a not-for-profit organization in a fiscally prudent manner, supported by long – range planning, and to preserve a sound financial position.